Today i want to share with you the Plans (or the Main Concept) of my ongoing new Army Project.
|The Knight of Lunge - (Bretonnian Knight Errant)|
As i told before, my Bretonnians should look like medieval Scandinavians from the time of the baltic Crussades (arround 11th - 15th century). So they will consist of danish, swedish, norwayian and finnish Knights and Soldiers.
It will not be a "superhistorical" and correct historic looking Army because of two main Reasons:
1: One of the most important Units in the Bretonnian List are the Pegasusknights. I can´t and i will not renounce them.
2: I will "mix" different Timelines due putting together historical Colours and Heraldrys of several historical Persons who don´t lived at the same time.
Here´s the "conversion-list" of the Units i planned and what i want to look them like:
- Knights Errant - Danish Knights
- Questing Knights - Norwayian and finnish Knights
- Grail Knights - Swedish high nobility
- Knights of the Realm - Danish high nobility
- Men at Arms - mainly Danish Marksmen (maybe a second Unit will be raised - then as Swedish Men)
- Bowmen - "normal" Civillian looking medieval Bowman (Icons will be Danish i think)
- Maiden - Conversions of Clerics to represent Bishops (Like the Bishop of Tartu etc)
- Paladin - unassigned yet... maybe Birger Jarl or the Son of King Valdemar
- King Leoncour - King Valdemar himself
- Bretonnian Counts - real high nobility of Denmark and Sweden - unassigned yet)
- Pegasus Knights - well.... i still don´t have a clou...
That are the planned conversions so far. Later i will add 2 Trebouchets and some Pilgrims with an Grail Relic to the Army... but i think first there is a lot of work to do......
Let me know, what you think about the Project. Or maybe you have one or more ideas?